Dental Crowns Apple Valley MN
Cheers Dental may recommend a dental crown if the damage to your tooth is too extensive to be repaired with more conservative treatments, such as fillings, inlays or onlays.
What Is a Dental Crown?
Crowns, also known as dental caps, are usually recommended to restore teeth that have sustained significant damage or decay. Our dentist may also recommend a crown to:
• Protect your tooth after a root canal treatment
• Anchor a dental bridge
• Cover and complete a dental implant
• Improve the appearance of a misshapen tooth
• Strengthen a tooth that is fractured or weak
• Support a tooth with a large filling and little remaining natural tooth structure
A dental crown is designed to fit over the entire tooth beginning at the gum line. It may be made of several materials, including porcelain, gold or porcelain fused to metal. Porcelain is particularly popular as it matches the natural appearance of your original tooth.
A crown usually requires two appointments with our dentist to complete.
• During the first appointment, we will prepare the tooth to receive a crown and take impressions. A temporary crown will be provided to protect the tooth while your final crown is being completed.
• At the second appointment, one of our dentists will bond the permanent crown into place.
To Schedule an Appointment and learn if a dental crown in Apple Valley, Minnesota, is right for you, call Cheers Dental today at 952-432-8696.